Tuesday, March 31, 2015


Spring is surely here. The last frost seems to have come after 3 weeks of no freezing temperatures. We have been planting before the coming full moon, sowing bush beans, peppers, tomatoes, kales, chard, lettuce, corn, sunflowers, and melons.  I noticed the blog intro says we will discuss how we eat... well I finally did a step by step. More pictures to come, but here are a few..

March 30th snapshot of my gardening assistant.
Another shot of me looking for kale leaves
March 30th candid, went kinda like, "Look up from the cilantro!"
March 30th harvest to be stir fry!

March 30th view of a pea plant persevering the last freeze.

March 30th view of a seedball surviving the freeze and sprouting, dead center of the picture.

Greens washed and ready for the next step.

Broccoli, garlic, carrot, zucchini, egg, cilantro, red russian kale, and spinach ready for the wok.

Tempeh cut up, coconut oil in the wok, liquid aminos up next. The rice is waiting for boiling water.

And now we are a cookin.

Tempeh, cooked rice, and veggies all mixed up in the wok on low heat. An egg or two cooking in the pan, waiting to be chopped up into small bits and mixed with the rest!

Then there was a plate full of real food. I eat a lot I wont lie, fast metabolism, and real food make for one healthy vessel.

March 31st view of a strawberry bloom.
We absolutely love these berries, nothing compares to food grown in your local area.. I mean within a dozen miles or less, the local plant rNA is the healthiest for you if grown harmoniously.
The peach tree blooms have faded, or they were struck by freeze, either way lets hope for peaches this year!
The blueberry bush blooms are just so elegant.





1 comment:

  1. Nice to see the garden starting, & love the top photo of the garden helper! - cute juxtaposition!

    ReplyDelete